Utah is home to many award-winning distilleries, but there is plenty of room for more. You will need to apply for and obtain federal, state, and local licensing before you can even begin to commercially distill your liquor. Tanner Lenart has many distillery clients, whose needs range from completely working up all applications, to just reviewing prior to submission, to just answering questions over a quick phone call or email.

Top five FAQs or Did You Knows for Distillery Liquor Licensing

  1. Utah is welcoming to manufacturers, and has manufacturing permits readily available.
  2. Advertising doesn’t have to be approved by the TTB, but it can be regulated. Including social media.
  3. Small craft manufacturers are eligible for federal tax reductions which became permanent in December 2020.
  4. You can apply for a special package agency (“Type 5”) permit, which allows you to sell your product directly from your facility.
  5. If you have a restaurant or bar attached to your distillery, you can sell your bottles out of your package agency on Sundays and holidays (when state stores are closed).

Please get in touch.

Email: tanner.lenart@chrisjen.com
Phone: 801-323-5000