Utah is home to many award-winning wineries, but there is plenty of room for more. You will need to apply for and obtain federal, state, and local licensing before you can even begin to commercially make your wine. Tanner Lenart has many winery clients, whose needs range from completely working up all applications, to just reviewing prior to submission, to just answering questions over a quick phone call or email.

Top five FAQs or Did You Knows for Winery Liquor Licensing

  1. Utah is welcoming to new wineries, and has manufacturing permits readily available.
  2. Small wineries in Utah (producing less than 20,000 gallons a year) may apply to the state for a reduced price markup (49% rather than 88%).
  3. You can apply for a special package agency (“Type 5”) permit, which allows you to sell your product directly from your facility.
  4. If you have a restaurant or bar attached to your distillery, you can sell your bottles out of your package agency on Sundays and holidays (when state stores are closed).
  5. Wineries are eligible to host tastings, but they have food and visibility restrictions.

Please get in touch.

Email: tanner.lenart@chrisjen.com
Phone: 801-323-5000